View Single Post
Old May 6, 2008, 10:32 AM
Cricket Legend
ICC WT20 2016 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
I am not impressed by this U/15 bunch in general, they have been totally outclassed by WI and Pak U/15s during this tournament. However, the silver lining in the gloom for me was Nazeef as a leg spinner. Nazeef outperformed Usman Qadir (son of Abdul Qadir) and became the highest wicket taker in this tournament. Usman already got cricinfo articles on him and we, the craziest Bangladesh cricket fans, did not even know about Nazeef before this tournament.

IMO, upon returning home, Nazeef should be brought in front of Kalpage (who has the experience as a spin bowling coach for Sri Lanka national team) to determine whether he is a real prospect as a leggie or just got lucky during this tournament.
To be honest he was a pure batsman in our team (scholastica). He hardly used to get a chance to bowl in the match and if he was given a chance then he was hammered for fours and sixes. But in the nets when i faced him he seemed to be a pretty good bowler, there was lot of turn and variation in his bowling, his googlies were pretty effective too. I don't know how he got those wickets in the Carribean but without bowling well you just can't get so many wickets for being lucky.