View Single Post
Old April 29, 2009, 05:59 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc
BCB's media committee chairman Jalal Younus reminded that the board would sit with the fifteen players, who severed ties with Bangladesh cricket to join the rebel league, if they fulfill BCB's prior given conditions.

"The board may sit with them when they withdraw their retirement and scrap their contracts with the ICL," said Yunus.

"We said this when these players first retired and joined the ICL last year and our stance will remain the same now," added the former national cricketer....

But Dhaka Warriors captain Habibul Bashar was unenthusiastic about the turn of events, terming it 'almost impossible'.

"The contract we have with the ICL is pretty much one-way. The players cannot scrap or resign but they can decide whether to renew our contracts so it is an almost impossible situation for us," said former Bangladesh captain Bashar.
Haire Bashar, only if you could hear yourself now how pathetic and screwed you sound! What happened to all that arrogant, BCB never did anything for us, Bangladesh national team can kiss our hass (they did not litterally put it this way, I am rephrasing it, but they meant exactly this many tiems during those nightmare days of ICL signing, and I will never forget that) now?
I am sorry that these professional cricketers feel cornered and yes the greed and muscle flexing of slime-ball BCCI is responsible for most of this and I hope they can indeed contribute to BD cricket if they are worth it, but I am not going to shed any tears for them, it's your time to cry....karma!

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
if they want in, they should be brought back in. those who really lack commitmment will be sorted out automatically.....
Absolutely right, Al-Furqaan bhai, totally agree! But I will remind them what they once said about the national duty and playing for the BD national team during ICL signing each and every day they breathe onward!