Thread: Silly Question
View Single Post
Old April 27, 2006, 04:30 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubu
I agree with imtiazk, but fail to see the conclusion driven by beamer from it. u know, sometimes its not about growing up, but throughing out the old shagy towel and get a new one. 30 years old ideas is not how ODI is played today.

I fail to see what is wrong with playing someone who can score runs with good strick rate and at the same time can stop collaspe. unless of course, you wanna watch cricket for 10 minutes. 10 minutes of heroic batting and then back to pavilion. its win that should be the untimate goal not eye pleasure of spectators. and this is the real notion that need to be changed.
How is the ODI being played then these days? I give you a hint : Look at some no.5/6 these days ..Flintoff/Petersen, Symonds, Kemp, Dilshan, Afridi/Razzak/ Inzy, Yuvraj..pretty consistent in what thsoe individuals are capable off. Its true we don't have anyone of that calibre but we have players that can do it better than your posterchild Rana. That is not some 30yr olds ideas. That is the way the game is played. Playing Rana at no.6 can please only two category of people : 60 somethings who watched 74 World Cup ( 60 overs ) or Kindergaretn kids who happpen to like Rana for their own childlike reasons. Pick one..