View Single Post
Old February 22, 2012, 12:02 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
It's very typical of internet forums for old members to coalesce into close-knit cabals. Any new entrants to their hallowed ground is met with disdain. Even the most innocent of all comments are met with snide contemptuous remarks - like middle school kids bullying the new boy while their friends egg them on. Of course, they themselves forget of being guilty of even worse imbecility but having been on the forum so long, members become inured. If one of you had started the same thread, I'm pretty sure this will lead to a 10 page thread with each member falling over their feat in fawning adulation. Jeez.
Sorry...guilty as charged NOT here though . I was just trailing off Lamisa's stream of thought...

But yes wholeheartedly agree about bullying the newly initiated ones. I think most people blindly assume 'opening thread' equates self-congratulation or attention grabbing and is quick to jump on it. Peer pressure- described by Razabda is one thing- but many of us are guilty of hypocrisy and just like bash for bashing.

My request to all is to be tolerant and be more welcoming to the new members for their inputs. '

You cannot expect new members to join and stick through if you dive like a ravenous vulture sniffing the first blood of new thread.
@Doc, Just wanted to give a shout out to making WI4EVER's thread sticky as a nice gesture.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles