View Single Post
Old February 19, 2011, 12:38 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6_Turbo
Jadukor, the thing is, what we did out there tonight while batting showed a lot of maturity and professionalism.

This is not a one off match...we are in a 6 match tournament, and Net Run Rate very well might come into question later on....

So by being cowards we very well might have kept our slim hopes of qualifying alive, difference between being heroic and getting all out for 240 in 40 overs and batting out the 50 overs while scoring 280odd could be astronomical.

How many teams have the ability to chase 370? I think the decision to bat out the 50 overs, and get as close to 300 was a good decision.
that maybe so... but this is not how sports should be played... our players should have more self respect and pride out there to take the fight to India and worry about run rate and other things later... in 96 when Kalu and Jaysuria opened did u see any negative thinking on their part?...did Arvinda think about playing it safe when Sri Lanka were two down against India in a couple of overs? The difference is the attitude.. we must play to win and we must fight till the end... I have endured our defeats for 10 long years... it really sickens me when we play for the sake of batting out 50 overs... the sell out crowd at the stadium deserves better than this kind of cowardice...