View Single Post
Old October 26, 2012, 03:15 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Won't mnd if this is the quad. But would like to see two changes, to make it even better IMO:

1. Sunny instead of Riyad... But that may not happen, so instead of Enamul.
2. With so many spinner/SLAs..in the team, we need to genuine Quicks for Variation... So instead of Nazmul it could be Shahadat/Shafiul...quick by our standard... Shahadat had been generally good in test matches..at times expensive but provides breakthroughs..Nazmul is ok for limited overs.
i'm sorry but a strike rate of 71, econ of 4.2 and average of 49.79, his average for the last 4 years is 68 and as you get closer to now it gets worse (last 3 years ave 71 econ 4.3 s/r 99 in 10 matches, last 2 years which granted is only matches but it's all we have to go on is 197 at a s/r of 249, yes 249 and an econ of 4.7).

shahadat had a good period in his career in around 2007/2008/2009 where he was aveaging low 40s but the couple of years before that and the years after that he's averaged high 40s even low 50s.

we only see him as the breakthrough man because he's the one who got the chances, probably if others had got so many chances they would also have similar if not better results.

if you're looking for pace may as well inject abul since he's less known by the opposition but really i think our best bets are rubel and nazmul for pace, shafiul would be the next one i'd pick.