View Single Post
Old July 8, 2007, 08:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
Tushar, though he can't possibly do much worse than most of our batting order at this point, is another glaring example of jodi laigga jay type of wishful thinking that transcend the technical limitations so aptly pointed out by Arito here.

Tapash, Dollar and even a pace-depleted, swing-enriched Talha would've been better suited to fulfill the role of a third seamer. Our selectors don't seem to get that bowling in bowler-friendly test cricket is about taking wickets over 20-40 overs, not just "containing" the oppsition with 10 oversof economical bowling in batsman-friendly ODIs.

Off topic: I guess Alok needs to convert to Islam before pleasing some of our more secterian members in this forum. One in particular, who hasn't posted in this thread, just cannot be impressed by Alok, Tapash and Dhima no matter what they do, and takes bizarre pride in being what he is.
As you've pointed out technical limitations of TI,Aloks shuffling across the stumps is another glaring Technical mistake.

Both of them will get their chances,but I'd rather bet my money on Tushar than Alok.