View Single Post
Old February 26, 2008, 10:52 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Lara & Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by FHossain
I was shocked to read this. 8 years???? we need miracle to win? if thats his attitude then how can young players believe they can win. We were only 50 runs short of winning, how is a miracle required, rather a half century from just a batsmen. Im disgusted with siddons comments. It is rude, discouraging for players and a bad attitude. Get rid of him, he's a mockery. No one speaks like that about their coaching team. We need to realise this.

Following their five-wicket defeat in the first Test, Jamie Siddons, the Bangladesh coach, said he does not expect his side to beat South Africa unless a miracle occurs.

Siddons said the Bangladesh batsmen were not used to batting against the sort of pace generated by South Africa's fast bowlers. "They [the batsmen] go from playing for their clubs in the National League to trying to take on the best fast bowler in the world. [Dale] Steyn kept striking in the first few overs and we never recovered. We spent the [whole] Test trying to recover all the time. He [Steyn] ripped us apart in the second innings with 150 kph outswingers [to the right-handers] or inswingers to the left-handers."

"When your batsmen are out of confidence and having to play against Steyn, Morne Morkel or Makhaya Ntini, that is a tough assignment. The pressure they transmitted is too much for our batsmen at the moment. Their bowlers were just too good for our batsmen."

Despite the loss, Siddons was not keen on changing the squad for the second Test. "You've got to give young players time. I think they have the talent to improve, even if it takes eight years.
I do not see anything wrong in his statement. He just trying to take the pressure off our batsman.