View Single Post
Old June 16, 2008, 11:05 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
My experience in the game itself (Ice Hockey) is nil. However, I did play Hockey (Field and floor hockey) alot. Floor hockey had all the same rules (with a puck and stick) as ice hockey but on a wooden floor. All these forms of hockey requires similar mental toughness as any team sports would require. Football, American Football, Rugby etc. Any individual sport faces more challenges than any team sport. Be it Tennis, Boxing or sprint. A three foot putt is not always a gimme. Golf makes a person humble and can bring him down to his knees. I am not sure any other sports can do that.
The skating, subsequent speed, and full body contact changes everything. I compare hockey to a martial art like Kendo, 3 on 1 combat for example. The skating makes it 1000% more difficult ...

By the phrase "insider's POV", I simply meant that one always has a deeper appreciation of anything one has done him/herself.

If you play cricket and golf, you're more than likely to have a deeper understanding of the sport.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)