View Single Post
Old June 5, 2012, 03:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: James Bond

So, watched Prometheus (3D) yesterday...

While it's a very entertaining film (visual fx and thrills galore), the problem I have is that they showed practically every key scene in the movie in the trailers. The movie does provide some answers to what you see at the beginning of Alien, but some of the things don't make sense to me (*spoiler* Why do we see the engineer sitting dead (with chest burst open) at the control pod in Alien, if he actually got out of the ship and attacked Shaw and then died in the escape pod (after his chest burst open)?) and some questions just remained unanswered (*spoiler* Why did David infect Holloway? Was it an experiment?).

Obviously, some characters are just a direct copy from Alien, like the "treacherous android" in David... but they split the "strong woman" character of Ripley into Shaw and Vickers. And.. WTH Guy Pearce... he was just unrecognizable as Weyland... totally did a Tom Cruise in Tropic Thunder!

Anyway, I felt a bit unsatisfied... but still recommend watching it on the big screen (I thought the 3D was pretty good, for a change).