View Single Post
Old March 18, 2007, 02:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
what do you mean by "not everyone was behind bd"? i'm pretty sure everyone backed the team and everyone wanted them to win. if you look at bangladesh's losing streaks in the past, i'm sure you'll agree that everyone has always backed the team, probably more than they had expected at times. i personally was cautious before the game because i knew that the Rana incident might have stirred the players, and more importantly, the indian team was reported to have been studying the bangladesh team for quite some time, and everyone knew that at least this time, they wouldn't take us easily, so that we would have to play exceptionally well to be able to beat them, which our players did.

that doesn't mean that they were not getting their deserved support. faith and belief should also be balanced with facts and reality, or else it leads to arrogance and stupidity, and eventually a downfall of the likes of india, sri lanka, australia, new zealand, etc.
"17 tarikhe indiar kase dabrani khawar por mukh lukanor jayga thakbe na "

This is what I meant when I said not everybody was behind the BD team and yes although everyone is a fan here, but the team might not have gotten the kind of support it deserves based on their recent perfomances.
I agree that faith and belief should also be balanced with fact and reality but dont see how believing that BD could beat India was not a realistic expectation specially given our warm up performance.

Your quote was dated 15th march, news of Rana's death surfaced 16th March. I rest my case.