View Single Post
Old July 20, 2013, 06:09 PM
Cricket Savant

I am not going to post in this forum anymore. My boundless undying passion to post, to bond with friends and ex-pats with common theme and the fluency in contribution has often been misconstrued and interpreted as someone who is egoistical who opens thread for attention.

Of course, the judgmental geniuses fail to realize that it defeats the whole purpose of forum. Granted this place is not my 'baaper shompotti' but if people deliberately twists harmless intention to fit their own crooked mold that since this guy posts so much he has no life and is DYING for attention, I can happily leave without these negative influences.

Of course I spent a lot of my time in US, and here we EMPHASIZE participation, contribution, fluency, and what not. In Bangladeshi context, too much expression is frowned upon and instead a boring, automaton, soul less robots with reticent nature, paucity.

Sure some are busy, but others can't seem to come down from judgmental tower of rebuking true expression as "ajaira pechal".

So I am sorry for all my ajaira pechal. I apologize if anyone was forced to leave the forum or stop participate because of my repelling presence. I sincerely apologize if my presence affected anyone here.

Finally, as mentor Conan would say you can always get better. Look at his shows -- he is always producing. Picasso, Bach they used to keep composing and composing because it's not about putting oneself in a stingy comfort zone of "ohh oohh i post few but they are all quality not quantity".

Just because someone knows that buli of "quality over quantity" doesn't mean jack. If anyone cannot consistently and copiously produce quality work from cornucopia heck I can argue the opposite way that it must be because it's a fluke and one hit wonder.

So much for that maxim "paucity" is "quality". No, it's insecurity.

And as for my successor, I hand the baton to bp. He has the boundless spirit. Nadim, Sohel bhai (belated happy birthday) used to go but they have been hammered down for "nail that sticks out" but bp is going strong. As for me, well spite voting with red arrows has been given to prove a point and teach "an unguided lost soul of youth" to teach a lesson.

Zeeshan doesn't need to learn lesson from anyone.

This is precisely the reason why authoritative behavior to force coerce and control always fail and implode. Look at anarchist counties in Europe. Look at the ones who oppose medical marijuana.

Do I rant? Yes. Do I give long speech? Yes. That's precisely because I have lot to share and not every single damn person in the world has to be same. Manusher paach angul paach rokomer hoy. In general, stop trying to control others and trying to make everyone same.

I also hold no grudge or resentment. Thanks for the lovely time, I will defo. keep in touch in facebook.