View Single Post
Old December 17, 2004, 06:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Perhaps what we need is a CEO ala McInnes - who is more into instilling the basics into the team rather than acting as almost an aloof mentor to a team already there
Why don't you go one step further. As Mciness has said, coaching is the easy part but fixing the other stuff/problems in the periphery is the difficult job.We need a Czar to fix all these problems and so I think we really need a political figurehead at the top to "direct" cricket in BD. The appointed CEO is'nt forceful enough. So I say grudgingly that there has to be a political will to finish the job.
Sorry to say this, (and this might be touchy so discount all political implications for the sake of BD cricket)), but I think we need someone even better or at least similar to Saber Hossain. Saber did enough to help us thru the Test threshold. Now we need another chap to drag us along at a slightly faster pace of development. Right now I don't see any leadership.

Having said all that I still really believe we are improving so I am not convinced by arguments flying around that BD has deteriorated. It's just that the task at hand now looks tougher than many had expected.

Edited on, December 17, 2004, 11:31 PM GMT, by oracle.