View Single Post
Old October 29, 2008, 01:21 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

I am also in favor of giving an extended run to the top pairings of Tamim-Zunaid. But, Zunaid better get himself sorted out soon. When one opener continues to struggle, which has been the case with us that also extends to the no.3 spot, inevitably the other opener that is not having form issues, soon join the parade. In other words, we will see a more confident scoring Tamim if he gets support from his fellow opener and top order.

No Rajin at no.3. That was a huge mistake to begin with. He simply doesn't have it. I am not too sure on Mehrab at no.3 either, though he is a better option than Rajin for sure. I would actually like Rakibul at one drop. I think, technically he is solvent enough for a no.3, and he can also score from that position with cricket shots. One must present their best two batsmen at no.3 and no.4 for both tests and ODI's. I think he is one of our better batsman around. No.3 goes to him.

By default and banking on past records, no.4 goes to our great inspiration that is Ashraful.

No.5 goes to Mehrab. I think he earned himself a few series after the first innings score vs NZ. He must work to make it his own spot. Improve play against spin is needed.

No.6 is Rahim. I think he maybe our best player of spin right now. Better improve play against fast bowling. He will see a lot of fast bowling when he bats. No.6 also plays in the territory of the second new ball. Better shape up.

no.7 Sakib. What can I say about him? He heard my complaints from last year!
no.8 Mash, no.9 Enam ( have to play him in tests..has wkt taking balls. its tests isn't it ? )
no.10 Rajib ( I want better effort from him in SA )
no.11 Will we ever have a decent third pacer? I thought Sajidul is unlucky to continue to be out of favor. Wish he got a few more opportunities.