View Single Post
Old March 1, 2007, 12:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

I am relieved for the win but the situation should not have gone where it did. There are two ways to look at it. I could be disappointed with it that the showing was not as strong as expected. ON the other hand I could see it as good chance to show our ability to stay focused and fight back to win the match in the end. I think I will go for the second one. Moreover the fact that this happend in the practice match is a blessing in disguise for us I think. We would be more careful in the WC matches now whereas winning this easily might have put fasle confidence and made the team complacent. Fighting back and winning in the end is more important because even we have given big teams a run for their money even though we are not as good as them. So it was natural for Canada to come out trying to cause an upset. The big plus I think is Ashraful's knock. I hope he can carry it on. This just goes to show that 6 is the best spot for him now. ONce bashar retires he can come in at 5. Comparison between Rana and Sakib should end right here after this showing. Someone on this forum has said that sakib is like dravid. While I would not go that far but yes he is our version of dravid. He is doing very well and is turning out to be a wonderful allrounder in the shorter version of the game. Our fielding needs to become better and I have a feeling that we will do pretty good against NZ in the warm up. I might even bet on an uset win although many people would be skeptical about this statement.