Thread: beauty
View Single Post
Old October 22, 2008, 09:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ro1249
Ok guys I have a question.

Do you think that divorce rates in the US have any coorelation to the amount of dating that goes on? In America, it is common to see relationships last less than 6 months. Most people only date each other for a little while and then they get bored and move on. Is this bad practice for once marriage time comes around? Americans focus so much on short term relationships that once they try to get in a long term relationship(marriage) it fails miserably. Of course there are exceptions to this, but the divorce rates here are much higher than countries like China, India, and BD where dating is far less common.
there are many reasons for divorce rates to be so high but one of the predominant factor has already been highlighted by someone above - that of social stigma. the other major factor and perhaps the most important reason for high divorce rates is to do with the economic status of women in society. the reality is that many marriages work in the east because there is no alternative to this. women don't have to reply on men to the extent they are so in the indian subcontinent.

divorce rate is also much higher in america than it is perhaps in greece or eastern europe. my assumption is that the closeknit family structure in these countries amount to closer bonds and less distractions from the outside. eastern european women are also generally less flirtatious once wedded.. or so is my personal experience.

divorce rates are quite high in various arab countries although you won't find any official statistic on such matters!