View Single Post
Old January 17, 2012, 06:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Default I am glad it got attention - felt very bad watching it

6 questioned in brutal Bridgeport beating captured on YouTube video

January 17, 2012 10:52AM

http://www.suntimes.com/news/crime/1...ube-video.html

Police on Tuesday said six teens are being questioned in the brutal beating and robbery of a 17-year-old boy in a Bridgeport alleyway on Sunday.

The beating was captured on video by an accomplice and later posted on YouTube. The video shows the mob of young men yelling the n-word more than 25 times as they punched and kicked the victim — who appeared to be of Asian descent — in the face and body. They dragged the victim near metal Dumpsters in the alley behind the 2800 block of South Princeton. There they hit him with chunks of ice and choked him. One attacker used a stolen shoe, a sliver and black Nike sneaker, to pound the victim in the face.

“A random little kid. F--- his a-- up,” one attacker says on the video while the victim was beaten with the Nike.

Another attacker wearing a light hooded jacket and black ski mask who inflicted the most vicious blows screamed, “You ruined my f------ time. I will f------ kill you.”

Another attacker demanded the man’s backpack. The victim refused to give up the bag and begged to be let go while the attackers continued to punch him the face. “Am I speaking Chinese to you , n-----?” one attacker can be heard saying on the video.

The beating — which occurred sometime between 4 p.m. and 4:20 p.m. Sunday — lasted more than three minutes until the victim broke free and ran away, shoeless. The thugs chased him down the alley.

Most of the offenders visible in the video appeared to be white. The victim was later treated for bruises, abrasions and a cut lip at Mercy Hospital and released, police said.

On Tuesday, police issued a statement confirming six individuals are being interviewed by Wentworth Area detectives. The robbery and beating does not appear to be racially motivated, the statement said. No charges had been filed as of 10 a.m.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apparently its in Chicago.