View Single Post
Old June 5, 2005, 10:13 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Don't want to jinx anyone

If what I read is true, racist remarks are ot of line, totally! I also concur with the above posters - Rob, you should not take such attacks personally. There's always a "hot head" in every forum, even staff members are not "perfect".

Also, you must keep in mind that some Bangladeshi's who grew up in western society (I'm not sure if the one that made the racist remarks is of this kind), have been the target of much racist remarks (particularly in England, where, I have heard, racism used to be rife). So, some of these individuals "lose control" and, it seems, you have bore the brunt of their ill feelings. I am, in no way, supporting this individual - I merely explain to you the circumstances. This certain individual, I think, should be dealt with my moderators and banned to let him cool off and reflect on his actions. Furthermore, if he is a BC staff member, he should be stripped of his position. Moderators should be swift here to cut out racism in this forum - it is highly destructive, is "contagious", and can spiral out of control...

On the subject of your threat that you will "spread bad word" - that is unfortunate, and a little childish I might add. I don't know the full story of the "skirmmish" between yourself and forum members, but I am guessing that you may have added fuel to the fire yourself. As they say, 'it takes two to tango'......

I think you should learn to ignore WUMS and racists in the future, and report them to moderators immediately.

Thanks.
jabbar

PS this forum is excellent, and Rob's comments are baseless. I have found most members to be interesting and inciteful. Contrary to Rob's comments, they seem to have vast knowledge of cricket, and know many things outside the sphere of bangladeshi cricket.

Edited on, June 6, 2005, 3:15 AM GMT, by jabbar.