View Single Post
Old August 27, 2012, 11:39 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshideshi
Except Shamsur Rahman[who was part of the squad for 2-3 series], everyone at least played one game. But the thing is, I have seen too many promising players getting lost in the transition. And seeing Anamul in Zimbabwe made me fear he might get lost as well. I want to see him play at least 2-3 more years of A team and FC before playing for the national team[which probably wont happen].

You can see the difference between an experienced guy in the national team[ Elias sunny] and a player fast tracked from U19 level[S. Shuvo]. Both of them are/were of quite similar quality, but as Sunny has a lot more experience, he has a greater chance of survival and Bangladesh can expect at least 6-7 years of service from him.
That's why it's important to watch these players in action and not just look at the statistics. As we saw with Shuvo, he just darted the ball in and at the same time was pretty inaccurate as he would offer at least 1 half volley or full toss an over. That's just not going to get you wickets at the international level. The selectors should've seen that and should not have picked him.

With Sunny OTOH, we saw that he isn't afraid to give the ball flight and at the same time is pretty accurate which is why you see him doing well at the international level.

So that's really the key. We need our selectors to understand which players can be successful with their games and which won't so the process in selecting players is smoother.