View Single Post
Old February 19, 2011, 12:56 PM
Test Cricketer

Default IPL -- One of the reasons for Indian Cricket Teams dominance?

Yes, players from other teams also feature in IPL, but majority of the players are Indians.

Lets look at the pros of those players who get to feature regularly in IPL.

Pros:
1 - Innovative and inventive -- The batsmen play more strokes and different strokes. They can easily play the classical cover drive and can also play the paddle scoop, reverse sweep etc. You name the shot, they can most probably play the shot.

The same goes for bowlers. Being carted all around the ground, a bowler can't just run in and bowl. More cutters, slower balls, working on more surprise deliveries.

2 - The fielders are super fit, very agile - since every run makes a difference. Yes, India arent the best fielding side but they are not too bad either.

3 - IPL has many close matches. They get used to playing in pressure situations.

4 - Go big or go home. Look at Indias batting order. From number one to number 7/8 every one is capable of batting at a strike rate of 100+ with minimal risk.

Now I know that other countries have their own domestic tournaments but we all have to agree. IPL has to be the most professional tournament out there and you rub your shoulders with the best international T20 players.