View Single Post
Old June 12, 2014, 01:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
We're talking about BCCI here. The last thing they want is anything resembling good ratings when Bangladesh is involved. In fact, they want them to be as bad as possible so that they may never have to invite us.
I am afraid this is the reality and I had this fear all along. No broadcaster is interested in IND, while in every IND series broadcaster line up to get the TV rights. The timing is just awful. Nobody cares about this series right now even in BD due to our poor performance and ongoing World Cup Soccer. Most of our batters are in poor forms. I am afraid the team is not ready. We needed a very good batting coach but we don't have one. This series should have held when we were in peak forms, say around 6 months from now or next year. A comprehensive 0-3 whitewash is very much likely and that may pretty much seal our chances to ever play IND in IND or even an at home Test/ODI series. And BCCI will point out we cant bring high TV rating (even the stadium will be almost empty during the series), we cant beat IND A, etc etc. etc. and most likely cancel out future scheduled series.

On a positive note: maybe somehow we can pull this together...lot depends on Shakib

Last edited by reyme; June 12, 2014 at 09:50 PM..