View Single Post
Old May 30, 2011, 01:18 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace of BD
I can give an explanation, but dont wanna make this a thread of arguments.........clearly, all the asian teams have won it once even before their colonial rivals, why? Nothing but their craze for it......windies won the first two even after being inferiro in terms of cricket infrastructure back then, why? cricket was a way of life for them........dont wanna sound stupid, ofocurse i agree these arent the only reasons, but surely one important reason, fans also make up a part of the full system......for indians or sl, its literally a matter of everything, thats the only sport they play....regarding saffers, nz, eng, they have their rugby craziness, or for england their fanatiscism with football and english premier league.....clearly..u do find this pattern....fans made indians make it life and death for the indian players playing, whereas hardly any english or kiwi would care if their team wouldnt win a cricket world cup, thats what, theres a big difference in even how fans shape up the players
If i consider your logic, then how come Australia manage to win it 3 times in a row ? Cricket is not Australia's first priority. They are crazy about footy and rugby too. People here hardly follow local cricket let alone world cricket and who follow cricket are surely not crazy like subcontinent people. So, what am i missing here ?