View Single Post
Old February 19, 2013, 12:32 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
Tiger444 - If you judge by BPL performance alone (which means nothing much) Abul was still one of the worst pacers - and he got much more chances too. He's neither a domestic bully or a big stage performer. The only thing going for him at the moment is his age. Of course happy to be proven wrong, but I have zero hopes of him making it big and wouldn't mention his name along with Taskin, Shafi or Rubel.
There is every chance he could become a zero exactly like Dolar Mahmud but I just think it's far too early still to say that. Don't forget Shafiul and Rubel also started off slowly, especially Shafiul and people back in the day wanted to drop him immediately. Now look what happened? Not saying he's great but he's played a massive part in many of our wins against the G8 teams in ODI's. Abul's just basically played 1 series. T20's are hard to judge, especially for young pacers since it's a batsman's game. Give him a few more series and see what he does.

By the way, does anybody know what happened to Kamrul Islam Rabbi? He was a young promising pacer as well. I feel he should be considered as well.