View Single Post
Old February 20, 2008, 11:08 AM
Cricket Sage

Don't worry about the schedule, just enjoy their ride. Win all the way or not, one thing they already proved and that is: they can perform better when odds are against them. Its the easy games that they fumbled once in a while.

This bunch (players and coaches) were termed as 'no good' or 'not as good' prematurely by some fans a while ago. This team may not have a superstar players like before or high profile foreign coach like before, but it was more fun personally for me to see how these no name team grew bigger and better as time goes, every time there is a new hero saves the game for them. Its not the absolute result, but these kind if slow growth and maturity of the players that I look for from our u-19 team.

I salute the coach(es) for doing the dirty job in the background so that atelast we have a real team that we can cheer for and realistically hope for going all the way. You guys are doing the ground work for future national team where we can expect players who can tlearn from their msitakes and grow and perform more consistently in future.