View Single Post
Old July 4, 2013, 05:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
except neither hussey or ferguson are in the ashes squad so who do you bat at #5? that's saying if smith is at #6. choices are khawaja or wade as a pure batsman. wade has a higher test average, 2 tons to his name and that's playing as keeper as well. but khawaja has a better FC record (though again wade is a keeper batsman so he could potentially have a better FC record had he played as a pure batsman).
Australia placed too many top order batsmen in their squad. I'd like Khawaja to be given a go at #5 but that might not even happen. With the openers settled Cowan could possibly be placed at #4 with Hughes coming in at #4 and Clarke at #5.

I hope it's not the case. Australia didn't play Khawaja in this warm up game which to me signals that he isn't in Australia's Ashes plans ffor the first test. Australia should have given Ferguson a go at #5 i reckon. He is probably Australia's most versatile batsmen (kinda like Nasir Hossain) as he can switch gears anytime and adjust to the situation accordingly.