View Single Post
Old October 28, 2017, 11:46 PM
Cricket Guru

Tom Moody keen to work with domestic players at Rangpur Riders
Quote:
"There are a number of things. First and foremost, any team that gels the best and creates the best culture off the field more often than not is reflected on the field," Moody told reporters after the practice session on Wednesday (October 25) at Academy ground in Mirpur.

"It is certainly one of our objectives to create an environment in the group where people enjoy being a part of the team and that joy and friendship flows on to the field with some positive cricket."

"To me it is also about developing players. I have come here a couple of days early because I was keen to work with domestic players before the international players come. It is important that I know them personally, know their games, build a relationship and trust each other,"

"I have always enjoyed the challenge of working in the sub-continent, which is why I took over the opportunity to coach Sri Lanka in 2005. I could have easily stayed in the comfort zone of working in Australia or England. I am challenging myself in different environments and cultures. I thoroughly enjoyed my time in Sri Lanka and in the IPL. This is a challenge that I have experienced, so I welcomed it with open arms," he added.

"[Mashrafe] has a lot of experience. I haven't worked with him before and I am looking forward to it. Experience is important in any format, and T20 is no exception. We have got some experienced players. It is important for me that the experienced players share their knowledge and expertise among the group so we grow and develop collectively,'

"I think every team has the hope and expectations to play in the finals. It will be nice to win the tournament. The caliber of players that every team has, and not just our team, it is a credit to the Bangladesh Premier League. It is obviously a tournament that attracts some of the best players, and it brings out the best of the local players as well," Moody said