View Single Post
Old May 22, 2011, 01:58 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Siddik searches for coach

Quote:
Ace Bangladeshi golfer Siddikur Rahman said he is looking for a full-time coach for himself to hone his skills and to help him become a better a player in the highly competitive professional circuit.

Siddik, second in Asian merit order, is now working with Indian coach Pritom Saikiya but he cannot make time to train under the coach due to his crammed international schedules.

‘I am really looking for a world class coach who can stay with me and is good enough to teach a player of my standard,’ Siddik Rahman told New Age on Sunday.

Siddik is currently at his home, enjoying a rare break as he is trying to get a US visa to compete in the US PGA tour.

‘For the last 18 months I am in touch Saikiya. But I cannot meet him very often as I find it difficult to manage our schedule together,’ he said.

‘I met him only three to four times last year. Our every meeting was very useful. Sometimes he mailed me some instructions knowing my problems. But it cannot go this way all the time,’ said Siddik.

‘It will take time but definitely I am on a hunt,’ he added.

Siddik began his 2011 season with a bang, finishing SAIL Open in India before three impressive hauls in Malaysia, Indonesia and South Korea.

In Malaysia he was ahead of immediate past major Augusta Masters champion Charl Schwartzel and then world number one Martin Kaymer. He was also neck-and-neck with current World number one Lee Westwood in Indonesia.

His total prize money in 2011 stood at nearly $1.5 lakh ($ 1, 49,761) despite having fared poorly in his latest Asian Tour event in the Philippines where he finished 37th.

Siddik, however, blamed a lack of motivation for his poor performance in the Philippines.

‘First of all I did not want to participate in that tournament,’ said Siddik.

‘There was some gap after my Korean meet. However, I decided to play. I was in the top 15 after two days but I felt I have to play aggressive if I want to win that competition as it earned me some result in Indonesia. But the strategy backfired,’ he said.

Siddik was happy with his overall performance.

‘At the end of the year I was in top seven and now I am in top two in the Asian circuit. This is where I wanted to see myself at the end of the year,’ he said.
http://newagebd.com/newspaper1/sports/19708.html

++++So, Siddikur gonna perticipate in PGA tour? Great news for him and the country