View Single Post
Old August 2, 2010, 01:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

there is nothing 'dada' about it. I say it as I see it and I say the same about many Indians. it might be unpalatable to some but then I'm not very good at sugarcoating.

as to whether MB could have liberated BD by itself, I understand it is an emotional issue and out of respect for your patriotism I'll not comment on it any more. I may not have been there but I know people who were so it's not as if I'm speaking out of vacuum. to those who are interested in forming an unbiased opinion I would suggest reading up in depth the history of insurgency movements that operated without external help against repressive regimes that do not care about bloodshed. bear in mind that most such movements would be obscure since there are not many success stories.
a few examples would be the basmachi revolt in fmr USSR, balochis in pakistan and iran, kurds in turkey and the numerous failed rebellions against colonial powers, including the 1857 one.

btw, what exactly have castro or gaddafi done that ranks at the same level as BD liberation ?

why are you irritated at the comparison with baluchis ? are they any less human than bangalis ?
patriotism is good, hubris is usually counter-productive.
Quote:
As Neel Here mentions the US fleet, have we ever been ready to show our gratification to the US for not getting indulge into the war? Was not it been a good decision from them which should get a grateful appraisal?
this has to be a joke. US under nixon was the country most responsible for the genocide after pakistan, US protected pakistan from all criticism and sheltered it from a condemn motion in the UN. pakistan got emboldened only because of the staunch support of the US to undertake any method to suppress the uprising.
it wasn't some good decision from US in favour of BD that stopped it from making a vietnam in BD ! the war finished before the 7th fleet could reach the BoB and they were delayed and deterred because the soviet navy, at the insistence of India started tailing the US carrier battle group with their own submarines.
so, if you want one more country BD should be grateful to it should be russia/SU, they risked nuclear war to protect the bangladeshi people.