View Single Post
Old April 21, 2004, 04:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

I think it'll be really hard to get any player come online and talk or chat with us, and that's due the following reasons.

first, coming to this forum they would have to answer or discuss things about cricket with us, which could lead them into revealing stuff they are not supposed to talk about, media could blow whatever they say out of proportion.

second, I don't think they have enough time or the technical skill (some of'em) or even intention to come to chat forum and discuss cricket when all they do, daylong, is cricket. here's a journey to the memory lane to explain my assumption,

one of my friends used to play for BD national team, infact he used to be the #1 bowler for BD for a long while after they beat Kenya and qualified for the 1999 worldcup. but he never liked watching cricket or analyzing other bowlers from other countries who were far better. when I asked him why he wasn't into watching cricket and/or other bowlers at all (as it could help him improve), he said he didn't have any interest left, after all, all he did was cricket. and I think it's true, it's really easy to get mentally fatigued about anything that you do day in day out, even if you love it to death.

But if we can generate massive crowd base and have constructive criticism to give a good insight about BD cricket, may be then we'll able to have our coaches and officials share their views with us.

Lastly, I have to say, Banglacricket is doing an awesome job, and if this plan comes true then it'll be great for BD cricket and it's fans. peace.