View Single Post
Old October 16, 2012, 05:22 AM
Banned

Default Hughes, Khawaja should learn from Ponting - Inverarity

I really enjoyed reading this article.So I thought I would share it with you guys. It talks about batting in partnerships and players' reactions after getting dropped. The line I loved most is- "If he's almost ready and he's still getting his game sorted, to bring him back to me is the wrong decision."

Here t is:
Phil Hughes and Usman Khawaja must seek to emulate the energy and drive of the seemingly ageless Ricky Ponting before they can be considered ready for a return to Australia's Test team, national selector John Inverarity has said.

Watching Ponting race around the field for Tasmania at Adelaide Oval last week, Inverarity's fellow selector Rod Marsh remarked on the 37-year-old's buzzing countenance, undimmed by a career that has lasted 20 years. It is an example Inverarity said Hughes and Khawaja had to follow on their path back to international cricket. Neither are considered strong fielders.

"Rod Marsh and I were watching in Adelaide and Rod said 'just look at him', of course he was pointing to Ricky Ponting," Inverarity said. "He was running around and throwing left hand and right hand. Khawaja and Hughes need to learn that."

http://www.espncricinfo.com/australi...ry/586873.html