View Single Post
Old March 19, 2008, 02:25 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya
Default Discussion: New Team Batting Rules

Quote:
Bangladesh came up with a new term in their book, which is 'team rule'. And what they believe was that they failed to apply it during the last series against formidable South Africa but made use of it in the first game against Ireland on Tuesday.

"As per the team rule, only the first three batsmen can play shots freely, in other words, they can play over the top. But for the remaining batsmen, it is considered a crime, as they have to avoid any kind of risk.

"I followed it in the first game against Ireland and got the result. I believe we would be competitive against the top-ranked sides if we maintained this rule," Ashraful explained.

And that was the reason left-handed opener Tamim Iqbal and number three Aftab Ahmed were not blamed for their rushed shots in the first game.

"You can say we gave Tamim free license to play his natural game because of the rule," he said.

Chief selector Rafiqul Alam was also excited by the new method and he believed they will get some results if the players followed it religiously.

"The method (team's rule) was desperately needed against South Africa but it didn't happen. I am happy they at least followed it in the first game against Ireland. As much as we follow the rules, we will be more successful in the international cricket," said the former national player.

"I will be really happy if they maintain it in the remaining two games against Ireland," he added.
I like it for the most part, It sounds childish but thats what we need it gives the Top 3 the License to Kill Card and now I assume the rest of the Batsmen can't play ariel shots until the 40th Over which does explain Ash's comments of Raqibul broke the team rules.

I just have one gripe with the rule and thats Were gonna get bounced to death and Basically were gonna be playing 4 ball overs like we did in the NZ series. I've seen Tamim Look Amateurish consistently going for Booming Drives and missing. And if you really want to get the most out of this New Team Rule, let Ash and Aftab Open ... theres 2 ways to look at it the best way to maximize the 1st 10 overs we'll be 70/2 after 10 but Ash is really important to our Middle order and we need him to stay As long as possible.