View Single Post
Old December 28, 2009, 02:23 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien
I dont know why they dont opt for the Russian planes. Brand new Illyushin 96 planes are are like $40-50 million while Boeings equivalent is $250 million according to wikipedia.

Tupolevs which are medium range are also like 35 million while its sister aircrafts in boeing are $100+ million.

Instead of buying old junk from other airlines, they could have brought brand new cheaper planes from Russia.
illyushin, tupelov, antonev are all highly inferior compared to boeing and airbus. there is a reason why the price is lower - its an inferior product, when it comes to the service sector, you can't expect mcdonald's to compete with the babylon club.

even within boeing and airbus, there are pros and cons. according to my pilot friend, airbus has the superior technology, but as is usually the case between EU and US, sacrfices with efficiency over comfort. boeing may not be as efficient but puts passenger comfort to a totally new level.

in fact, illyushin i think has stopped manufacturing their IL-96 widebody jet because they themselves have admitted its crap compared to the B777/787 or the A330/340/350

only the ex-Soviet bloc buys russian planes, and other blacklisted airlines like Cubana and Iran Air.

#OneTeam1Dream