View Single Post
Old October 1, 2003, 10:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Default Say,

Two things:

1. The point about Pilot staying up late, that is not an individual's choice when you are on tour. There is a curfew enforced by the manager that Pilot violated, that too the night before an important game!

2. The other points that were mentioned were allegations against Pilot made by other members of the team, officials and journalists that accompanied the team to South Africa. The committee merely mentioned the allegations and said that perhaps the BCB might want to look into these matters. The committee was not investigating Pilot's match-fixing allegations so they referred the allegations to the BCB.

Also, about Kenya's Test status, let me just say this. They needed to beat us to guarantee entry into the supersixes. Getting to the supersixes would strengthen their claim to Test status. So could they not have paid our captain off? Is it that far-fetched? I am not saying that they did. I also don't believe that Pilot fixed the match. But if such allegations are made, wouldn't you rather bring them up than sweep them under the carpet, especially after the way cricket has been hit by match-fixing in recent years?

[Edited on 2-10-2003 by Sham]