View Single Post
Old July 11, 2013, 09:54 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram, Shakib

Good off season by my Leafs. Nonnis cleared out some of the trash, and got some proven winners to help the inexperienced kids. It will be quite interesting to see how the goaltending situation plays out, as I think Bernier is a more talented goalie than Reimer. Wouldn't be surprised if he steals the starting spot by all star break.

Clarkson brings a great mix of sandpaper and scoring to our lineup that we've been missing since Tucker's glory days. He produced in Jersey with 2 talented line mates in back to back years, so there's no reason to think he won't do the same here with Kadri and Lupul. I'm expecting 20+ goals, 45+ pts, 150+ hits and 100+ PIM's from him.

Detroit made some great moves in free agency this year. Weiss @ 4.9 is a steal. He is a proven scorer with an excellent 2-way game. Alfy is still a good 2nd liner who brings in a wealth of leadership and experience to the lineup. The forward core is looking great for next year!

Ottawa got a good deal on Bobby Ryan. Anytime you see a player like that move with 2 or more years on their contract, you expect the receiving team to give up one elite prospect/young player. While Silfverberg is good, I don't he's in that elite prospect category. I thought Lehner would be a must for the Ducks. They did pretty well though given the fact that Bobby Ryan didn't really wanna stay in Anahiem.