View Single Post
Old March 16, 2006, 04:03 PM
BC Editorial Team

As Moderator:
Quote:
Originally posted by Braveheart
I was born in Bangladesh and I am all for speaking the Bengali language. But, I can't really stand for what goes on in this forum. We are pretty much butchering it. It is great that some of the members try to use English fonts to write Bengali stuff but IT JUST DOES NOT WORK. Most of the time it is really hard to understand what the poster was talking about.
And to help prevent this, we have instituted Unicode support. Romanized bangla should be a thing of the past soon
Quote:
... a lot of sport media do pay attention to this kind of websites to gauge the level fan spirit. I think we should definitely try to use the universal language English in this forum to better accommodate any foreign guests and anybody who does not understand the language.
If a sports reporter wants to gauge the level of fan support based on a web site, than he's not a good one. Anyway, plenty of sports reporter have come and posted here - from BBC, CI, and DS. It's not like we have all Bangla all the time. Most of the analytical pieces or really meaty discussions tend to be carried out in English anyway. Bangla is used when people want to emote, or make a funny comment which would be really lost in translation. I don't see why that should be stopped.

Trust me this comes from a guy who was English Medium all through out, came to states at 17 and is VERY comfortable with English. Doesn't mean I can turn off my Bangla side right?