View Single Post
Old April 30, 2010, 04:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The venerated one on BC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashfaq
Zee, I know you promote open mind, para normal, neo science etc, but c'mon mate, this needs serious suspension of disbelief to even consider. Having no data (proven, not claimed) on this guy, why should I believe he did the impossible? Would you believe if I said I can fly?

The miracles of Allah's messengers' happened in front of every body and those were proven until the staunchest of critics starts to have faith. Now this guru, If he is actually proven true, I'll stop paying my dinning charge and subscribe to meditation class, because that'd be the logical choice.

But until this claim is proven, putting faith in it is, well, laughable. I say that keeping in mind that many great discoveries were once laughable ideas. Most recent being the memristor.
I don't see how this guy claiming to have fasted for 70+ years is any different from the miraculous feats attributed to prophets and other holy figures. The only thing working against this Guru is the fact that he lives in the age of video cameras and recorders, in an age where facts are cold and solid. Take that away from the equation, and you have the same proof that "backs up" the prophets' miracles: word of mouth. You can definitely find people who believe in this miracle of his.

With that said, I'll say I am highly inclined towards NOT believing this guy simply because I deem it unfeasible. By the same token, I also deem turning water into wine, splitting the moon, turning a stick, etc into a snake as unfeasible. I am just wondering how some can blatantly dispose this guy's story as "fake" and "bhua" while having utmost belief in the "miracles" of old.

Peace.