View Single Post
Old December 21, 2009, 11:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
Great compilation miraz da. But didn't Raynman already gave the grade for us? :-]
I had put together a summary with notable moments throughout the year. Nothing close to detailed stats like this nor did I include grades.

Thanks for the hard work Miraz bhai.

Here are my grades:

Test vs. SL : C Not the follow up you'd want after the valiant 4th innings effort in prior match.

Tri Series with SL/ZIM : A- A win vs. ZIM would have earned an A. The final was winnable and the bonus point victory against SL was amazing.

ZIM series : B- Losing the 1st match and 2nd consecutive (incl. Tri series) was concerning. Good fightback to finish the series strong.

WCT20 : F Embarassing performance but most importantly embarassing effort. A for the loss to Ireland taking the captaincy away from Ashraful.

Test vs. WI : B+ Although not the first choice team of WI, still an away series with a long break in test cricket and a new captain with the best bowler injured by the 2nd day of play.

ODI vs. WI : B Should have not been as competitive

T20 vs. WI : F Again, failure to respect the format.

ODI series in ZIM : A Team played their roles well. Lots of records and milestones.

ODI series in BD vs. ZIM : A- Promised comeback after initial shock loss. Contributions by various team members to pull together

Overall for the year (taking into account quality of opponents and form) : B