View Single Post
Old May 10, 2012, 10:35 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
You are questioning 'Jeff Thomson' ???? He is one of the fastest bowlers ever produced and played in Test Cricket. Dennis Lillee and Thomson was one of the deadliest pair of all time along with Wasim and Akram. He's not in Top 15, rather in Top 10, i may say.

and for Kapil, my reasoning is the same as Ajfar mentioned for Vaas:
i know tomson was part of one of the dealiest pairs, i mentioned it myself erly in the thread but we aren't picking players as a duo or a unit we're picking them as individuals and i'm not sure thomo warrants to be ranked that high as an individual, sure he was fast and scary but there are a lot of other fast bowlers with better averages, better strike rates, more wickets per match and were still fast and intimidating for batsmen.

as far as the dev thing, well dev and vaas were both really good bowlers but not in that top echelon, hadlee was in similar circumstances and he excelled and is one of the best of all time but he did a lot better than vaas and dev.