Thread: Golf
View Single Post
Old June 19, 2008, 01:54 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
This is one game i could never get myself into.
Something must be good about it, since there is so much fuss.

I dont even understand the terms used.
Eagle, birdie .....

The Golf Pundits here, can you guys please take up the boring work of teaching a golf-newbie ?
I guess if i understand a bit better, it would be more meaningful and may be more pleasurable to watch.

So far all i get is that they are trying to stick it in the hole! ( what can i do? its the male perspective! )
And the commies they speak so softly as if they dont want to wake anybody up, ppl who fall in sleep while watching the game.
You are not committed enough. Go over the thread from the beginning. Most of the things that you wanted to know already has been explained. As for why the commies speak so lowly:

Golf is a game that needs utmost concentration. A noise, a slight wind can ruin a whole day work. Golf is a pure machanics. Starting from your head, shoulders, arms, hips, knees, ankle and toes all have to move in a synchronized way. It should as fluid like a flow of water. Only then the purest of shots can be made. Go to a driving range. Should not cost you much. Try to hit some balls. If you have problems getting in Ask Sohel bhai. He will be more than happy to take you there (if time permits).