View Single Post
Old March 30, 2014, 08:50 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
How do you know? Were you there when the bannable infractions occurred? Mods don't really want to ban anyone - except for the spammers and trolls but often to their sorrow some members cross the well defined line. It takes a lot and it takes some doing and we have shared in the past what can cause you to get banned for good.

I'm not saying that most of the listed ones are guilty of these but here's what we in BC absolutely do not want to see here.

First and foremost: racism, religious hatred, and chauvinism of any kind. Racists get summarily ejected. And, in my opinion, rightfully so. I'm surprised that so many of us are willing to overlook and forgive an act to me that is one of the most heinous a person can be guilty of.

Another one that can get you in trouble is nasty personal attacks at anyone. ANYONE. It's more than saying you're an idiot. We all do that. It's not just swearing. We all do that. I effing do. But when that is directed at someone. No. No.

I guess there is a pattern here.

Hate. We do not like hate. We do not like hatemongers.

It's really that simple. And we want to keep it that way.

Of course, again, that does not mean that all the above are guilty of this.

I make no apologies for my post. We sincerely believe we do what we do to ensure this forum is a safe and welcome forum for all. I'm tired of the hard working volunteers like me who help run this fan site by and for the fans getting unfairly criticized for doing the right thing.

Edit: PS: I'm speaking for myself as admin and not on behalf of other mods or admins.
Boss, I really think BC needs to "tone up" its banning criteria. This is a great forum, the best there is. But just like the Indian cricket team is great batting, horrible to mediocre depending on the day bowling, our "ban criteria" is ludicrious. I member like me has been banned on 2 occaisions. My last ban was for 1 week for - get this - hold on, wait for it...yes, for referring to an Indian troll or the BCCI as "cheapskates". If you can't call someone a cheapskate, what kind of forum are we running? To add bizarreness to inanity, a moderator PM'd me to tell me that my ban was shortened to 1 week from "a really long ban". Cheapskate deserves a really long ban? I wonder what an eff you to whichever mod decided to ban me, earns...because if in the unlikely situation that I find out who it is and meet that tyrant face to face, thats exactly what will be said.

This is a forum where tempers flare due to the 11 gadhas we have on the field (hope I don't get banned for saying that). If I can't call you an idiot for suggesting that Razzak is a great fielder and out to be in the slips, for example, than we're just a bunch of babies, aren't we?

I'm not advocating we start talking about our wives and mothers on here, but calling another member a dumbass should be totally kosher.

Otherwise, we sissy-a$$ fans, deserve the sissy-a$$ team that we currently have.

[Three-quarters expecting another 1 month ban for this post ]

#OneTeam1Dream