View Single Post
Old June 21, 2007, 07:07 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck
i rather enjoyed your blabering although i find the idea of harmony between the pen and the sword to be rather disturbing. there appears to be something of a searching soul in your words. i would recommend you a strict diet of muhammad abduh, perhaps the greatest of the philosophical minds of the 19th century. i see that you have mentioned al-arabi as well. abduh would not have approved of ibn-arabi but i do. there is need for a modern scholarship and a movement that somehow enjoins the pholosophy of al-arabi and teachings of abduh without falling into the trap of bahaiism!
Puck -

Thank you so much for your thoughful feedback. I shall definitely look into Muhammad Adu as per your suggestion. I don't believe in strict diets that much and choose to cultivate my faith through a variety of activities. One of those activities is Kendo or the Japanese "way of the sword" I've been practicing for the last 15 years. The phrase that you found disturbing meant nothing more than "practicing what you preach". My searching soul, or soul searching for that matter, in no way mitigate my faith in God. In fact, I think they make it stronger.

Please take the time to download the posted video if you haven't already. You may find it worthy of the time.

I understand what you mean by the trap, and you may rest assured that I shall stay far from it. I'm also too impetuous to be institutionalized.

Thanks again, and looking forward to more your posts.

Peace, Sohel.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)