View Single Post
Old February 23, 2014, 10:44 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
asif ahmed is a young batsman in good form who has been quite consistent FC cricket over the last few years, i haven't watched him bat though so can't say much but from what i gather he has some technique issues also. i think shuvagata has a lot of talent he's i guess one of the older ones but he's a middle order bat so unless the middle order is going to change and it doesn't seem like it will then i don't see him getting in anytime soon, asif ahmed has score most of his centuries batting as either opener or #3 so he probably has a better chance but with the emergence of shamsur, anamul making scores in various formats (despite technique and footwork) and imrul making a comeback it's hard to see asif breaking through soon either.

as far as pace all rounders we don't have any options.

for spinners we've got arafat sunny, elias sunny, enamul haque jr, saqlain sajib, taijul islam, even nur hossain the leg spinner.

for pacers there is taskin, kamrul islam, abu jayed, and obviously shafiul, al amin.
Nice. Thanks for the info. Glad that we may have another top order option in Asif Ahmed in the future. A decent amount of bowling potential there too.