View Single Post
Old February 22, 2010, 10:19 AM
BD-SL Test Fantasy Winner 2017

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashrafcuk
Tiger-manc

do u think mushfiq is good enough to be a stand alone batsmen? His wicketkeeping has been poor no doubt, but his batting really hasnt been that great, but as an all-rounder he just about deserves to be in the team...but as a straight up batsmen, I dont think so.
Well if you look at his recent test results he's been averaging almost 40+ since late 2008 which is pretty good for BD standards and I think it would improve further if it wasn't for the fact that he has to keep for around 100-150 overs every innings. If we spare him the gloves then I think he can continue his fine form and take that (late 2008) average upto 45+. He would also provide stability to our middle order. I think the same could also be done for odi as I mentioned above with Mithun Ali coming in at #8 to give us some quickfire runs. There's 2 problems: a) I'm not sure if there's any other keeper out there that is top-class and reliable. b) There's no one out there that could at least average 20-30 runs in Test cricket.

If Mithun could average 25+ with a strike rate of 90+. Then I think he would be justified to come into bat at #8 provided a) He's reliable with the gloves and holds onto catches and b) Mushy improves on his average at say #4.

Mushys wicketkeeping is embarassing to watch at the moment, and dropped catches are proving costly.