View Single Post
Old May 18, 2013, 09:11 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Easy there. With that kind of Money spent (way over luxury tax and others roster they are facing pays almost half of theirs') if you don't win the conference then you are TRULY over-rated.

The coach played the strength that this team has. Jason Kidd was brought in to show leadership. We all knew he is way past his prime. Yet for experience he plays lots of minutes in the playoff series. Just like Derek Fisher (OKC).

Carmelo has done nothing. Few high scoring games mean nothing. There several players who did and can do that without his salary. On the contrary, others know the other parts of a basketball game. Like playing defense, ASSISTs and steals. He is the cancer that destroys Team game which Basketball is. One-on-one is only recommended when there is a mismatch on epic proportion the FG% chance is much higher. His playoffs FG % is attrocious. Almost .5 less than his regular season. He can't play with other Good players.

Take this to the bank. As long as Carmelo is there, NY will not snif any kind of post season hardware. I have followed Carmelo from Syracuse. Unbelievably talented and has changed so much from his college days. Unless he starts making others arround him better he will be ring-less.
Sorry if I was being over aggressive. Didn't mean to. Melo's my favorite player so I can get defensive when his name is brought up.

I agree this postseason he hasn't been at his best. Players can get in to slumps though especially with a volume shooter like Melo. Plus he's played with a bum shoulder and knee. We're seeing how much Wade is hindered with his knee. Your saying he can't play with other good players. How do we know that though? What superstar has he played with throughout his NBA career? Billups was one I could think of but that team was also very unbalanced. This year he's been showing much better effort on the defensive end. His assists are a bit low true but with another superstar caliber player, I don't think it would be as low as it is.

Anyways, today is a big day for the Knicks. Lets see what they can do and let's see if Melo proves critics like you wrong. Don't forget, great players such as Abdul-Jabbar, Jordan, and Shaq didn't win without a great superstar alongsides them.

Last edited by Tiger444; May 18, 2013 at 09:44 AM..