View Single Post
Old November 21, 2002, 04:13 PM
Cricket Legend

We already have two spinning all-rounders in Kapali and Moni to justify a place for Morx. Yes, I know it may be a little rich giving Moni all-rounder status but he can score runs. I think it was a mistake to leave Sujon out. He should have gotten Morx's place. Sujon's bowling is a bit innocuous, but he is a real fighter with both bat and ball. If I were leading the side out onto the field, I would rather have a player with the heart and committment of Khaled Mahmud than Morx.

Also, Khaled Mahmud can do a job for us in the ODIs similar to what Larson used to do for New Zealand. Take the pace off the attack and bowl 10 overs for 25. Sujon did well against NZ in the Champions Trophy in SL. He was bowling extremely well but Pilot decided to make him bowl 10 overs straight. Big mistake. Bangladeshi bowlers don't have the mental stamina to concentrate for a 10 over spell. Use Sujon in two spells and he can bowl 10 overs for under 30.

As for the rest of the team, I don't really have many complaints. I hope Mazharul and Ehsanul keep pushing for a place though.