View Single Post
Old February 26, 2014, 07:07 PM
Cricket Sage

I don't think we have to look very far to realize that our how horrible our team management is. A. Sunny was clearly the pick of the bowlers from the SL series (T20, ODI). Gazi has been struggling for quite a while now, why would we not include Sunny ahead of Gazi? Before Gazi played for BD, we are used to playing multiple left handed spinner. Now that all of a sudden we have a right handed off spinner, we always have to stick to that plan? I don't think if Sunny played would have made a difference, but if we are failing to make these simples decisions how are we going to solve the bigger problems?

Our team management never seems to think outside the box. It's always the same usual plan, whether it's batting or bowling. We have a batting line up and we are going to stick to it no matter what the situation is. If this is our approach, than why bother including someone like Zia in the team. I thought the whole point behind his inclusion was because of his big hitting capabilities. Why would we not send him to take advantage of the batting power play? I think the last time we changed our batting order around was during the 2012 win against India, Nasir came into bat ahead of Mushy and put together that quick partnership with Shakib that kicked off our chase. That made perfect sense, because Nasir was in great form at that time. It just seems like we confine ourselves with these basic plans, and we stick to it whether it's working or not. As if, it's a crime to do something different.