View Single Post
Old December 1, 2006, 03:17 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahriar Nafees
Post Zimbabwe tour..Curse or Blessing?

Blessing

I think.. we should be happy with whatever BD's doing right now..beating Zimbabwe easily in 2 matches doesnt mean they are just done..I mean common we recently lost 3-2 to them! We ask our cricketers to be patient..what are we doing now? we are being impatient..as soon BD's doing well..just in 2-3 matches though..we want them to play the big guns..that will actually ruin the current form or flow we are having.
And again..our points wont change anything.. Whatever ICC has given to BD..they will have to get it done first! And since they are doing it easily..why objecting about it? Lets just be happy about it!
We always live in the present .. " NOW "
Not in the future..
So i actually OBJECT everyone who are saying that this Zimbabwe series is ruining Bangladesh's performance and its a curse to our players..because it is not..Its giving us confidence and good stats..which we badly need.
Look at Inzamam < the great test batsman.. He has more than 2 thousand runs scored against Zim,Bangladesh..doesnt he play good? Yes he does.
We need the taste of victory..and only playing minnows can give us that ..at the moment.
If Shahriar Nafees can score easily with Zimbabwe..He's building his confidence..when he'll play big guns..He'll have the confidence behind him..and He'll himself continue his flow. So lets not whine about good things we are getting..lets take it positively..lets not be typical 'bangalis' whining about everything. Age amra Zimbabwe ke harate partam na..but just that we defeated them 8 times in 2 years..we think we are wasting time on them..thats not true.
Anyway..If i write everything i feel on this topic.. It would be 10-11 pages..
So go ahead.. post your feelings on it.

No hardfeelings by the way.

Thanks!