View Single Post
Old October 23, 2005, 02:10 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by anthrax

ia leading egyptian imam here told me that the saudi government has banned all forms tablighi jamat b'cos they feel islam cannot be spread by just siiting in one corner of a mosque and carrying out religious discussions...............iSLAM IS MORE PRACTICAL

wht is ur say???
ur all wrong dude. tabhligh isnt about sitting in one place. its about knocking on ur neighbours door and kindly inviting him to Islam. and the saudi govn has not banned dawah. infact they have scholars assigned for dawah in different places at scheduled times. i've lived in riyadh since childhood and i've noticed. i've been in the tabhligh for a few days too and have seen how tabhligh actually works. its a completely different environment and there is no way anyone can feel bad in it. the way that the tabhligh plans their moves and then goes to their designated place for Dawah is amazing. people cannot help but admire. Many say that "tabhligh is wrong, it is not ordered by Allah. It is not right to leave ur family and go away for days and days." utter rubbish. why do u think our last Prophet (PBUH) left his family and went to places to preach? If Dawah isnt carried out, then how will nonmuslims know about Islam? it is our ( the muslims) duty to preach our religion. or else we will be accounted for on the day of judgement for the ignorance of the kafers. it is a duty on every muslim whether u like it or not.