View Single Post
Old October 12, 2006, 03:46 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

I think Poorfan is saying people should be entitled to their opinion as well as choice of clothing.

Interestingly, while I was outside today I probably saw more young girls and women wearing headscarfs and veils than I'd normally care to take notice. Not just in East-London which is an ethnically diverse place, but also in the city where it's not a common sight to find women in burkas/niqabs. It almost felt like these girls were rebelling.

As a commuter I see all kinds of people on my daily journeys. Then I started thinking if goths can wear a kg of mascara, lipstick, have weird (but cool) hairstyles, wear spiky wristbands, a few dozen piercings, long boots with metal soles, clothes with symbols of vampires/devil/bugs/reptiles and dead things -- then why should Muslim women be deprived of their rights to weir veils?

Anyway Fazal bhai, for your amusement, I'll share something with you that truly happened today...

I was on the train returning home from Uni, it was jampacked. At the next station, about 5-6 orthodox Jews got aboard, rare beings these I tell you!.. When the train entered the tunnel it came to complete stop.. for at least 6-8 minutes. Ironically, but unintentionally I was listening to hardcore German Metal on full volume, with my trusty pair of earphones with no noise reduction. I could notice some of the individuals get rather intimidated, but I had no other music to play.

While the band [Rammstein] I was listening to has nothing to do with Nazis, they have been accused of "fascism" due to the dark and somewhat militaristic imagery of their videos and gigs. [Download a song here]

Now do you think I might have "culturally" offended the Jews by publicly listening to German Metal on full blast? Should it be banned for this reason?

Last edited by Hatebreed; October 12, 2006 at 04:42 PM..