View Single Post
Old September 26, 2012, 08:13 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Does he meet 1, 2 and 3?

Given the ageist class system in Bangladesh, 2 would be difficult. And there is no evidence for 3. He is barely 21. The Taibu's and Pataudi's are more an exception than not.
He did perform before coming to national team in many instances in domestic leagues and away tours where selectors took notice of his talents, his current team mates definitely respect him(I don't recall an incident where he got into a fight/argument with anyone, even based on newspaper photos and press releases he gets along quite fine with others in the team). I am pretty sure you can agree that based on his media statements, he sounds the most mature of the lot. He is not happy with his performance even if he scores a triple century until the team is declared victorious, I mean how many in our team apart from Nasir share this sentiment? He seems very mature(Based on how he plays the game according to match situations and media statements). the only issue is that remains unproven is that is he a good fit for management role(like being responsible over his teammates)?

Otherwise, even if you disagree with my assessment of fulfilling 1,2, and 3 there is absolutely no one on the team who even can be considered for 1,2 and 3 except Shakib, Nasir and to a lesser extent Rahim.